Gear shift handle needed

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
palmczak
PVT
PVT

Gear shift handle needed

Post by palmczak »

If anyone has one available please let me know.

Mine has been brazed it appears several times by prior owners. It just broke again.

Thanks,

Joe
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: Gear shift handle needed

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

palmczak wrote:If anyone has one available please let me know.

Mine has been brazed it appears several times by prior owners. It just broke again.

Thanks,

Joe
Bevel both ends of the material at the break about 1/2" back & to a point, hold in position & weld it back out to the correct diameter. This way it is welded all the way through & will never break there again. We have lengthened many in this manner with "0" comebacks.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
palmczak
PVT
PVT

Post by palmczak »

Thanks Charles.

After I posted looking for one. I began to repair it, it broke right at the base where it connects to the top of the tranny. I drilled through where the handle connects to the base and inserted a 1/4 dia rod and welded that in place. (I reamed the center so it will not interfere when I reinstall it) Then I drilled the center of the shaft to accept the new rod about 3/4 deep" Tomarrow I will finish cleaning and grinding and weld it back together. It should be as strong as it was new.