11" Canadian clutch needed

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Citizensoldier
PVT
PVT

11" Canadian clutch needed

Post by Citizensoldier »

I am looking for a new 11", 1 3/8 10 spline clutch for my Canadian M37 with the ACME transmission. I would also like to locate a new throw out bearing and pressure plate with the 4 arms " fingers" on it. I know I can have the clutch re-lined but it will take 6 weeks or more to get it back. Someone has to have one?? I think its the same clutch set up that they used on the later flatfender dodges with the 251 in them. Any info would be appreciated.
M37's and other OD junk
rtkjmk
PFC
PFC

Re: 11" Canadian clutch needed

Post by rtkjmk »

I would try A B Linn down in Salisbury, North Carolina , they have the whole set-up . I am not sure about the Canadian clutch spec's ,but you should be able to get by with the 10 or 101/2 " clutch . :D Bob k
Citizensoldier
PVT
PVT

Post by Citizensoldier »

Thanks Bob.. AB Linn only has the stuff for the US M37s and the transmission shaft size is smaller along with a smaller clutch size on the US version. A call to be made soon will be to Brian Ausbury in Canada but the last time I talked with him he did not have any so I thought I would try on here. Brian said the Bombadier guys have purchased all that stuff for a snow machine that has the same motor and trans in it.
M37's and other OD junk
longshot2171
PVT
PVT

Post by longshot2171 »

Had this stored away.. Hope it helps.
CLUTCH and RELATED PARTS (251)
Clutch Cover Assembly (11"-10 Splines-1D) ----- Perfection Clutch# - CA1447
Clutch Cover Assembly (11"-10 Splines-1-3/8D) - Perfection Clutch# - CA1433
Clutch Disk (11"-10 Splines-1D) ----- Perfection Clutch# - RCF497
Clutch Disk (11"-10 Splines-1-3/8D) - Perfection Clutch# - RCF441
Clutch Release Bearing Assembly --------------- SKF# - N1459
Clutch Release Bearing ------------------------ NAPA# - N1087, Timken# - 2065
Clutch Pilot Bearing (Crankshaft) ------------- SKF# - B286, BCA# - PB286HD
jjw
M37UK
SSGT
SSGT

Post by M37UK »

I got my Canadian clutch serviced by Charles at M-Series. He should be able to help you out.
Stu

1952 Dodge M37 with 1952 M101 Trailer
MVT UK
SMVG Scotland
Citizensoldier
PVT
PVT

Post by Citizensoldier »

Well I am having the original clutch and pressure plate rebuilt because I am building two of these motors. I was not able to find anything off the shelf using the dodge part numbers and part numbers listed."Thanks guys" They all come up as no longer available or out of production and out of stock. Through some cross referencing in the auto parts books I was able to purchase a new clutch and pressure plate for a 1938 Massey Harrison tractor that used the 251 Chrysler and I'll be darned its the same one! I also snagged another clutch off ebay that is the right one. It had a inch of dust on the box when it arrived but she is NOS so I am in business again. Now to get my buddy Dave's clutch alignment tool and soon she will be ready for the install.. Thanks for all the help guys and if anyone needs the part numbers just ask.
M37's and other OD junk