t-case center output

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

firequad

t-case center output

Post by firequad »

i'm going to go with different rearends on my 63' m37 .the rear differential will be pretty much centered and it looks like you can use the center output on the t-case to drive the rearend.has anyone done this conversion? can it be done and what parts would i need? i would appreciate any and all input.thanks!!
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Re: t-case center output

Post by Master Yota »

I've been led to belive that an output yoke from an M35 (Duece?) will work. Also there is a spacer ring that has been used to accomodate the two different bolt patterns between the park brake flange and drive shaft flange. Lastly there was some mention of the flanges and yokes being interchangeable between the stock NP200 and a regular NP205. I haven't tried this yet, but that would probably be the cheapest option.
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
firequad

Post by firequad »

i've had someone tell me that you can use the center output flange off of a wc-62 6x6.before i buy any parts i was hoping someone could confirm what exactly is needed.thanks for your response!
Paul in Kempner, TX
PFC
PFC

M56 t-case center output

Post by Paul in Kempner, TX »

The Contact Truck M56 uses the center t-case output to drive the welder/generator. Everything you need is there. I haven't measured to see if the driveshaft needs its length changed, but it looks like it is okay as is.
Paul Cook at the Kempner Power Wagon Museum MVPA#27246

"You have to GO BUY the book before you can GO BY the book."
Frank Irons
PVT
PVT

Post by Frank Irons »

firequad wrote:i've had someone tell me that you can use the center output flange off of a wc-62 6x6.before i buy any parts i was hoping someone could confirm what exactly is needed.thanks for your response!
Yes, the center output flange off the WC62 will work on the M37 transfer case. It uses the small Detroit U joint like the civilian PW and the M37.
Frank
firequad

Post by firequad »

okay guys,thank you for the info.i guess i'll try vintage power wagons for parts.
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

Frank Irons wrote:
firequad wrote:i've had someone tell me that you can use the center output flange off of a wc-62 6x6.before i buy any parts i was hoping someone could confirm what exactly is needed.thanks for your response!
Yes, the center output flange off the WC62 will work on the M37 transfer case. It uses the small Detroit U joint like the civilian PW and the M37.
Frank

Thats what I was thinking of - the WC62 - thanks for the correction guys...
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152