Will a bad universal joint worry a man to death or what?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Montanaorbust
PFC
PFC

Will a bad universal joint worry a man to death or what?

Post by Montanaorbust »

I drive the m37 pretty much daily, not to work normally, but after I get home, we (the boy and I) will load up and head out on the farm to count cows, load firewood, or just creep up the ridge to watch the sun go down, while momma's (the wife) cookin supper.. lighter service than the truck has seen in earlier days, I'm sure.. Everytime we get in the truck, we both smile... I work the starter petal, the boy works the choke and hand brake. Its a team effort.. I try and teach him to take pride in and what we have and the things that we do. Regardless, to my teachings, one of the canvas straps in the back window had to go, to allow easy access for a blonde headed 45 pounder to make his way from the bed to the cab.. Small sacrifices to see that mug squirreling his way into the cab, while being jolted around from old washed out two track roads. Well, the last couple of weeks we have been worrying the blues, in fear that our truck was about to be down.. the noises started out few and far between.. As time goes, they never get better.. Finally the sound turned into something that you could feel.. We just knew the end was getting closer.. In moments terror, the worst possible ideas were going through my head. This went on for days. I was thinking a rear end, he was thinking the carburetor :wink: Then it happened.. POP.. A up hill climb, turned out to be, a I hope i can get this truck off this ridge safely.. We did.. Once settling at the bottom, in a deep hollow, down below the barn lot we inspected her closely, while the drive shaft is hanging to the ground, bryson and I on all fours, he says "I told you it was the carburetor"...
Captnsim
SGT
SGT

Post by Captnsim »

The things kids say. :lol:
Great story thanks for sharing.
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Great story. Priceless moments :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".