New "Georgia redneck"

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Lifer
1SG
1SG

New "Georgia redneck"

Post by Lifer »

As many of you may recall, the wife and I deserted Illinois for a warmer clime late last November and have been living with our daughter while shopping for a house of our own. We finally found the "perfect" house in an unincorporated area called Clark Junction, about 3 miles north of Elberton, GA and closed the deal on Friday afternoon, making us legal Georgia residents.

Now, on Sunday evening, I decided to have a snack and peeled myself a turnip. I went to take a bite of it and broke off a front tooth. :(

Fortunately there was no pain involved, but after only 2 days of being a "Georgia boy," I had to go and look like one! ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Jim Branson
PFC
PFC

Post by Jim Branson »

Lifer, you"ll fit right in where I live as well! I won't tell anyone you're really from up north! :D
1951 M37 W/W
1961 M201B1 W/W
MVPA #31454
I was Chrysler when Chrysler wasn't cool!
Captnsim
SGT
SGT

Post by Captnsim »

:shock: I broke of a small chunk of one of my molars on hard candy not to long ago...didn't notice till I swallowed. :roll:
M-Thrax
SGT
SGT

Post by M-Thrax »

"making us legal Georgia residents"

There goes the neighborhood :roll:

Lifer your about 125miles N.E. of me, heck on the map it looks like you can spit out your front door and hit So.Carolina
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Hehehehe! Tell ye whut, Will...oncet I master th' redneck art o' spittin' through the gap in my teeth, I'll have to give it a try! ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

This Thread Is Worthless

Post by m-37Bruce »

Without pictures, we want pictures! :wink:
A turnip??
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Lifer, That must have been some turnip. I never ate one raw, I always cook them in soups.I had a friend make me some homemade cinnamon rolls a while back. Seems she didn't grind up the cinnamon sticks too well and I exploded a molar. I hate that feeling :( Glad to hear you are settled in your new digs :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
M-Thrax
SGT
SGT

Post by M-Thrax »

"I won't tell anyone you're really from up north"

They'll know believe me
My family moved to So.Fla from N.Y. when I was 5, I spent over 40 years there before moving to Georgia and my neighbors knew from the first time I tried to say "How y'all doing" that I was a Yankee...so I went and bought a Banjo just to play it safe :wink:
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

David: I can't stand cooked turnips. Love 'em raw. From now on, though, I think I'll have to slice 'em pretty thin before I eat 'em.

Will: I think I'm safe. I've had a banjo for about 25 years. I also have 7 guitars, 3 Appalachian dulcimers, an acoustic bass guitar, a fiddle, and Lord knows how many harmonicas. I also love bluegrass music. :)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

I've heard it said that the first thing a transplanted Yankee learns to say in "Southern" is the adjective "big ol'," as in "big ol' truck." I've been saying that and other Southernisms all my life, though, having been born in Virginia to parents who came from Kentucky.

It was kind of humorous once, though, when my "civilized" son and my son-in-law got a moving truck stuck in the front yard "up north." I had to go get a tractor to pull it out. When I got back to the house, they asked what kind of tractor I got. I said "big ol' John Deere." They both cracked up! They were laughing so much their ribs hurt. Finally, my son caught his breath enough to say "See? What did I tell you? 'BIG OL'!" Then they roared for another 20 minutes! I got the feeling that they had been talking about my less-than-urbane background while I was gone. :)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
T. Highway

Post by T. Highway »

Lifer,
M-Thrax
Nothing finer than hearing banjo music down by the river. It's very relaxing hearing that while your canoeing. :shock:
1952 M37 W/W Rebuild @ 59% complete
Engine rebuild @ 95% complete
1985 M1009, 1990 M101A2, 2008 M116A3 Pioneer tool trailer
MVPA # 24265
NRA Life Member
NRA Cert. Personal Protection Pistol Instructor
NRA Cert. RSO
Class III RSO/KCR
M-Thrax
SGT
SGT

Post by M-Thrax »