hood handle

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

cuz
1SG
1SG

Post by cuz »

I am new to the M37's but I'm only 5' 8" and standing on the flats of my feet and lifting the hood by that handle leaves me unable to reach either side's hold open stay rod. On the other hand when I unlatch the hood first one side then the other and then while still at the side I lift the hood I can easily reach that side's stay rod. I don't have a safety catch on my hood at the front.

Since I'm retired Air Force the logic to me is it's a hand hold to help us short folks up onto the bumper so we can wash the windshield! :wink:
Wes K
wsknettl@centurytel.net

54 M37, 66 M101, 45MB, 51 M38, 60 CJ5, 46 T3-C
MVPA 22099

Disclaimer: Any data posted is for general info only and may not be M37 specific or meet with the approval of some esteemed gurus.
Josh
SFC
SFC

Post by Josh »

Im 5'10", but too short as well. Someone before me replaced the top plate on the winch with some diamond pattern step plate. I pull myself up onto the winch with the handle, then open it and prop it. Make sure you prop both sides, as one is not enough, the hood will pound through the rubber stops and then ding the hood, ask me how I know...

It's a good thing mine has a handle, when I put the 42" Michelins on mine, the problem is only gonna get worse! :lol:
52m37Hal
PFC
PFC

Post by 52m37Hal »

My 52 Army truck has the handle.
Hal
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

For Cuz and Josh: I'm 6' 10". I don't have that problem! ;)
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

I thought the handle was added to the Marine version because they couldn't figure out how to open the hood?