Fuel Pump - Failure?

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

peter e mark
SSGT
SSGT

Post by peter e mark »

Hello LIFER, And without re reading all the posts, I would still go thru the tests. For example, it is entirely possible for a "new" fuel pump to be defective ! Effective diagnostics repeats the test procedures from the start; and in which we assume nothing, to include assuming that the new part we just put in works ! "Proceed , perservere, and let there be no more war forever"...
1952 M37 W/W
Veteran of 82 ABN. Division Motor Pool 1969
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Welll said. My own philosophy when working on my stuff has always been "if at first you don't succed, go back and read the instructions (all of them this time), start over at the very beginning (following said instructions), repeating those steps until you get it right." Have I ever been guilty of failing to follow my own advice? Ummmm...yeah...many times! :oops:
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
343fireman1

Re: Fuel Pump R&R'd

Post by 343fireman1 »

SierraM37 wrote:

The pumps are very serviceable, I had mine rebuilt by Then & Now Automotive in Weymouth, MA; all new valves and diaphragms, works great!
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how much did that cost? I'll prob do the same, or order a kit and do it myself. I imagine then & now has a kit for the M37, right?
In honor of those who've made the ultimate sacrifice.