12-volt fuel sender available?

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Cal_Gary

12-volt fuel sender available?

Post by Cal_Gary »

Does anyone know of a fuel gauge sending unit that will match the bolt pattern to my stock fuel tank? If not, is there a 12-volt unit you can recommend that I can drill new holes and mount it up safely?

Getting ready to tackle the wiring harness, gauges and the like.
Thanks in advance,
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Randy N
PVT
PVT

Post by Randy N »

I got a 12 v unit that works with a SW 12 guage. It is a jobber and comes in a variety of lengths depending on your tank. The bolt pattern is the same, so I am not sure if that is a standard pattern or I Am just lucky. I will try to find the box, but got it from UAP Traction
Randy
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: 12-volt fuel sender available?

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Cal_Gary wrote:Does anyone know of a fuel gauge sending unit that will match the bolt pattern to my stock fuel tank? If not, is there a 12-volt unit you can recommend that I can drill new holes and mount it up safely?

Getting ready to tackle the wiring harness, gauges and the like.
Thanks in advance,
Gary
The sending unit isn't volt sensitive, only the gauge. You can get a replacement at your local NAPA that is adjustable like was mentioned in the other post, works great.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Great! I already have the 12V gauge-thanks to both of you!
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
wvcharlie
CPL
CPL

12 volt fuel sending unit

Post by wvcharlie »

Sorry for the delay in this response. I haven't been on for a few days. I got my 12 volt sending unit from a NAPA store. It was a SW701-1570. You have to cut the float wire off some to give the correct empty and full readings. It is just a little bit of trial. I hooked up the electrical lead and just kept snipping off an inch or two at a time and setting it back in the tank until I got the right readings. I used a Datcon guage no. 10076. Hope this helps if you haven't already done it.

Charlie
Charlie
64 M38A1
65 M37
68 M725
101st ABN Veteran
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Thanks! I haven't tackled that project yet-getting up the nerve to install an entirely new wiring harness from Painless Performance sans headlight switch harness (that one is new M37).

I will let everyone know how "painless" it is....
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W