Dash Spider Harness

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Dash Spider Harness

Post by HingsingM37 »

I worked on my dash panel this past weekend. I know that the spider harness (wires #27) are the feeds for the gauges. Yes? The long lead with the Douglas connector and the "L" shaped metal bracket has me confused, It goes where? I don't see it's source on the wiring diagram. I also have no continuity from this wire to the other end of the Douglas connector at the bracket?
There is a connector inside the Douglas shell but the terminal does not seem to make contact inside the plastic connector? The same goes for my old one when I tested it. Where does this bracket mount? Is this the hot feed for the spider harness? As my truck had little or no of the original wiring when I got it, I may be posting many wiring dilemmas as this in the future :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
vinkon3775
PVT
PVT

dash spider harness

Post by vinkon3775 »

i think what you are describing is wire #85. the wiring diagram that i'm looking at shows it coming off the ignition switch and going nowhere. it must be an extra power source if you need it.
Firefighters still make house calls.
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

It is an extra power point, is hot when the ignition is on, would be used for heater fan, electric wipers, or other accessory. Usually you see them mounted on the inner lower lip of the dash via the "L" bracket you mentioned.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
HingsingM37
1SG
1SG

Post by HingsingM37 »

Thanks! :)
David
HingsingM37
1958 M37B1
1968 M101A1 Trailer
MVPA# 33078

"Do Not Take Counsel of Your Fears"
General George S. Patton Jr.

"Those who pound their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not".
Longhunter7
PFC
PFC

WIRE #85

Post by Longhunter7 »

I've been told that wire #85 was used to power the spotlight on the fender mount, for M series that used them. :arrow:
Longhunter7

Northern Illinois

63' Dodge M37-B1

Molon Lave

NRA Certified Weaponologist
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: WIRE #85

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Longhunter7 wrote:I've been told that wire #85 was used to power the spotlight on the fender mount, for M series that used them. :arrow:
While it certainly could be used for light power, that isn't the stock configuration since the spot light should have power without the ignition being on.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com