m37 turn signal controller

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

quarterhorseman

m37 turn signal controller

Post by quarterhorseman »

My turn signal controller box had filled up with water somehow and now I need to replace this unit . I would like to replace it with the original controller this is the one located by the heater box under the dash. has three relays in it and a flasher unit as well. If any one has an old used one they could part with that is in descent shape. Or if they know where I could get a hold of a new one please let me know!
knattrass
SFC
SFC

Post by knattrass »

Mine is a sealed one piece (big honker) module but you may try the usuals like John Bizal at MWM, Sid Beck, Charles....
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

Junk it & change to the solid-state system, still considered correct, much more reliable & longer lasting.
Last edited by MSeriesRebuild on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com
TRACTORg25
PVT
PVT

Post by TRACTORg25 »

Charles is right on . Go with the solid stae module.
quarterhorseman

Post by quarterhorseman »

If I were to change to a solid state turn signal unit ,where would I find info on how to wire the new solid state unit into the old system?
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

quarterhorseman wrote:If I were to change to a solid state turn signal unit ,where would I find info on how to wire the new solid state unit into the old system?
The solid-state system is WWWWWWWWWWWWWay easier to wire than that early system conglomeration of wiring. A wiring harness for the solid-state system is easy to obtain & easy to install. I promise you will be pleased with the ease. You can even use a civilian type flasher that is long lasting, cheaper, & trouble free. I can supply you with parts or help you find them close to you possibly. Can also tell you how to wire it. Send me an e-mail.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com