Engine swap pictures

Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

nsternha

Engine swap pictures

Post by nsternha »

I am working out swapping out the 230 for a 350V8 with an SM420. I know its not Dodge but I have it all lying around and my 230 is pretty tired. I was wondering if anybody else had this setup and would be willing to take pictures of the clutch set up, as well as the general layout. Thanks in advance.
Nick
monkeybone
PVT
PVT

Post by monkeybone »

nsternha

engine pics

Post by nsternha »

That is quite the setup, how did it work out as far as clearance front to rear and side to side? What trans did you use and Manual or Hydraulic clutch? Thanks
monkeybone
PVT
PVT

Post by monkeybone »

side to side no problems,used tight fit truck headers...front to back ,because i'm using a vertex magneto instead of a distributor its about 10 1/2 " tall, i had to move the front cross member about four inches forward and also the radiator...sice that pic was taken i've changed to a aluminum radiator....i'm running a turbo 400 auto trans and a 205 mated transfer case ....used motor mounts from speedway motors that were for putting a chevy small block in a 55 ford pick up worked very easily with just a minor trimming.....had to modify the oil pan so it didn't hit the side of the differential ....love the automatic ,traffic light to traffic light driving is a dream