MVCC Meet in Petaluma CA, Anyone attending?

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

MVCC Meet in Petaluma CA, Anyone attending?

Post by ashyers »

Just thought I'd see if anyone is going. We'll be there for the whole event. It's the first time in Petaluma, but I used to live and work nearby and it's a nice area. If you're going drop me a line! The info is below:

http://mvccnews.net/petaluma_spring.html

The events in at Tower Park in Lodi have always been fun and I've made some good friends over the last few years. Plus I got a ride in an APC!

Andy
just me
1SG
1SG

Re: MVCC Meet in Petaluma CA, Anyone attending?

Post by just me »

I peed all my money up a rainpipe last weekend at the Mesa show at CAF, Falcon Field. Not going to make CA. But George from Utah is going.as a vendor. Lots of great items at good price.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Post by ashyers »

just me,
I'm sorry you won't be up for a visit. Who's George from Utah? I'll have to look him up while I'm there.

How's the engine going? Ours is finally totally apart and I'm debating how much to deck the block at this point... We're also planning to remove the guides tomorrow. I have a feeling that's going to take a bit of violence to get those suckers out!

Andy
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

Just a bit of violence. Break 'em in half and then drive them out. Sounds so simple in the TM.
Waiting to hear back from the machine shop on results of Magna-fluxing and crank polish. So far, it looks like I can keep my guides. They measure good. I'm only going to mill the head until it is flat and I'm debating decking the block. It is within spec, but closer to the wrong end of the measurement. We punched it .040" to match the NOS Pistons I had and have resized 4 rods, so far. 1 I am replacing because of a casting flaw I don't like, even though it has lasted this far. The other was the one that spun the bearing. Haven't even measured it yet. (I have two rods, albeit the newer style, to replace them.)
All the other bits and pieces are degreased, cleaned and ready to paint. Some parts are in, others I have to wait on. Touching up the cam and resurfacing the tappets is next.

George is a cool old fellow I buy my canvas, trinkets, storage containers and radio stuff from. Huge swap space at the shows, lots of things you didn't know you wanted. He will have some nice complete cargo parachutes and a 12 or 14' complete tent for sale up there for like $250. Everytime I see him, I buy a bed full of 20MM Linked ammo cans and Primer cans for parts storage and what ever tarps he has. I use the tarps to make cab and cargo tops and the seat covers, etc. Wonderful waxed, Canvak canvas. He is my main source of Tri-ox tablets and has them by the crate. I also get my webbing and strap hardware from him.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

PM to you Andy.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

2nd PM Andy....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500