MVPA National Convention this weekend, Anyone attending?

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

MVPA National Convention this weekend, Anyone attending?

Post by ashyers »

Hi All,
Curious to know if any of the crew will be attending. Should be a fun event and they are trying to get a large # of Dodges so I hope to see a few more M37's.

Andy
isaac_alaska
SFC
SFC

Re: MVPA National Convention this weekend, Anyone attending?

Post by isaac_alaska »

some day!
Isaac
Fairbanks, AK
Civilian WM300 on DC3 tires
'52 M37 on 11x16 Michelin
'52 M37 on Apple R-1 tractor tires
Photo Gallery
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Well Andy did you get any pix from the show?
Let's see 'em-thanks!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Post by ashyers »

Gary,
Sorry it took so long to respond. Went to the Convention Wed-Sat and was pretty busy, then school started Monday. I did volunteer work at the gate and didn't take much time to poke around until Saturday. If memory serves there were 6 M37's attending. I know two of them quite well (mine and my buddy Steve's), but it was fun to talk with other owners. I met Robert who had a SUPER nice truck that he had entered for judging. We were discussing driving the trucks and I discovered he and his truck are responsible for providing my class with inspiration. We've watched video of his truck fording countless times. In fact he's had it under water on 9 occasions! It received a Metal in the show too :).

While at the show I did some shopping too, no sense in driving the truck home empty right? I have now acquired more stuff... The haul included:
1 set of Dodge Books (EXCELLENT!!!)
1 carb & upper intake elbow
1 front driveshaft w/ flanges
1 NOS canvas end cover
1 fording exhaust
1 starter "stomp" pad
1 set of brake/clutch pedal bushings

Steve and I both purchased fording exhausts. The price was right, they are kind of cool, and peer pressure was involved. If I keep talking to Robert I may be convinced to take the M for a swim. It would be more fun than just washing it.

The truck has been running well. It's covered over 4500mi in the last 14 months with no real drama. This includes some camping trips, mild offroading, and commuting. I think Hilde and Abi are actually accustomed to riding in it! I did take my step brother for a ride and found out it scared him half to death... then again he's into X/19's.

I have a few photos and will post them when I get a chance, I just need to sort 'em and shrink 'em. As usual I was to preoccupied to take many.

Hope you guys are well. Any chance of a visit to Tower Park? It's been sold and it's unclear what's going on after September's event :(.

Andy
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Wow Andy, you've been busy!

Not much chance of making the Fall meet-still cramming for the Project Management certification exam-required for Veronica, highly desired by my employer so we've been studying a lot-difficult after not being in school for 17 years.

Yeah, those Dodge books are great! I've been savoring mine, not rushing through them.

The summer heat is starting to decrease so I'll be getting the wrenches turning soon-got to fix the tranny shift tower pin, replace front and rear main seals, water distribution tube, and might as well install the new water pump when I do the tube.

We'll see you and Hilde down the road-just not sure when but will let you know when we get over to your neck of the woods.
Nice to hear from you!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500