Articles Wanted...

Discuss all non M37 related issues here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Articles Wanted...

Post by Monkey Man »

I am after articles for the Defence Transport Heritage of Tasmania newsletter called "Tread and Track), it can be anything military transport related from any trivia, personal experience or general interest material relating to any sort of transport wether it be wheeled, tracked, winged or floating (even boots and bicycles count I guess) and it can be on any make, type, model, variant or an X unit. cartoons and pictures always welcomed and any stories of interest would be good.
Why do I ask this?, well, I am now the unofficial editor of the newsletter as I am helping my Wife Ann out as she is the editor but simply has not got the time to spare to write it and I would like to include more articles from all around the world and if you have any ideas for the newsletter feel free to tell me what's on your mind.
We are lucky enough have permission to use articles from Dave Doyles "Standard Catalog of US Military Vehicles" and with a massive newsletter circulation of 25 copies we are unlikely to impact on Dave's business interests and wouldn't want to do so, if supplying another persons work could you please supply the authors details so that if applicable I can request permission to reprint their work, if it's your own work however I guess by sending it to me permission has been granted :-)
I will fiddle with things and see if I can safe the files in .pdf form and publish them on here for all to see.
Thanks

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
52 M-42
SFC
SFC

Re: Articles Wanted...

Post by 52 M-42 »

You can always throw in old articles from PS Magazine. They are on line and in the public domain. One of the colleges has all the old ones from the late 1940's / early 1950's to the 1980's (I think). The collection is at vcu.edu

I hope this helps.

52 M-42
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Thanks for that, it's an excellent start to what I am trying to do :-)

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Tony, I emailed an article that I wrote about how I became interested in M37s and how I went about restoring mine.
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

And it's excellent thanks Carter, I'll fit it in there somehow, super sized special edition maybe :-)

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
Carter
1SG
1SG

Post by Carter »

Thanks Tony, maybe it could be called...The Continuing & Almost Never Ending Story of M Fever. written by some crazy American :wink:
Carter
Life Member:
Delta, Peach Bottom Fish & Game Assn.
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Carter wrote: written by some crazy American :wink:
Hmmmmm, interesting idea for the article title, I'll keep it in mind ;)

MM
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au