WTB. Dodge M37 PTO unit

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
plumstr8

WTB. Dodge M37 PTO unit

Post by plumstr8 »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to g741, I purchased a 1951 M37 a while ago and now I'm going through everything getting it running smoothly. I currently missing the PTO for my winch setup I was hoping someone has one laying around.

Ive been using VPW for most of parts but they don't have any PTO's right now... :cry:

I have other military vehicles but they are all diesel, I'm new to Power Wagon and gasser world. I'm sure Ill have some more questions...

Thanks for your help!
Mike W

I'm located in Northern California.
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Re: WTB. Dodge M37 PTO unit

Post by Elwood »

Welcome to the forum.

The PTO (assuming you need a PTO for a US version truck) is not common, but they do show up occasionally on the swap meet here, or on epay.

Have you tried some of the other sources, such as John Bizal at Midwest Military, or Surplus City in Oroville?
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Post by RMS »

yes but not as rare as the canadian pto for the T98 last one went for over $500.

I have two np420 ptos on trans in unknown condition $100usd comes with free transmission. but shipping that kind of weight from v6v1l6 will be spendy :shock:
.............................. use it ...............
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Glad to have you with us Mike! There are a few forum members looking for PTOs; you just have to keep searching and watching for something to show up. Please add your location to your profile (so we don't have to reference this thread)-it will help us offer guidance when you ask for stuff-we can route you more easily as we can readily see your locale!
Thanks!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
plumstr8

Post by plumstr8 »

Thanks for the info! I updated my location.
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Nice area Redding is! We rented a cabin at Lake Almanore (sp?) a few years ago-so calm and peaceful in NOCAL!
Post some pictures of your truck when you have a chance!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500