NOS FRONT FENDERS ON EBAY...

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
Cal_Gary

NOS FRONT FENDERS ON EBAY...

Post by Cal_Gary »

Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
06boblee
SFC
SFC

Re: NOS FRONT FENDERS ON EBAY...

Post by 06boblee »

Shhh! Don't tell anyone-- now I'll have to bid against all you guys!
'54 M37 wew
MVPA #16921
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

In my year of looking at Ebay M37 listings, I have never seen any OEM front fenders. I don't need any, but it is best to think of these as $250 fenders, and you just happen to need two.

NV
superbee70
PFC
PFC

Post by superbee70 »

I've never seen NOS fronts either. At first I thought the price was high but in retrospect it seems decent. I forget what I paid for my used one that's iin great shap but know it was at least $100. Just over 250$ per side for NOS seems pretty fair.
rickf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by rickf »

I don't need them either but I have a question. Being semi new to the M37 I have seen mostly the French built body parts at the lower prices. The factory Dodge fenders I see going for more than that in used condition. So how do you know which you are getting?
1953 M37
1964 M151A1
1967 M416
1984 M1008
4/1952 M100
12/1952 M100 gone
mg1978
PVT
PVT

Post by mg1978 »

I have never seen NOS fenders that have the support bracket under front of fender below light and grill that is bolted on with small boits. All I have seen were spot welded on. Looks like this bracket was removed for rust repairs and then bolted back on and repainted. I have seen this done several times but not on NOS fenders. What do you guys think? Are they NOS or nice repaired ones? To be honest I'm no expert on front fenders just what I have seen on the few trucks I have seen.
Mark G.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

Ten years ago (or so) I bought a NOS drivers side front fender, no nuts/bolts what so ever, it came with the fed ID and stock #on a small label, bolted to a pallet and wrapped with cardboard secured with metal strapping. Dave Butler said it was the first and only one he had ever seen. These look hinky, but very serviceable, I've never seen anything like it?
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

The price has been dropped, and they're now advertised as "restored".
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Got to give the seller credit...........he's corrected the listing and lowered the price. I've corrected more than a few sellers on Ebay when their listing was inaccurate and they usually just ignore you and sell on. A fair price is whatever someone is willing to pay for them.

I picked up a pair of NOS front fenders from a member on here two years ago, and I think I paid $325 each. Expensive for sure........but not exactly common these days.....and they were the only true NOS pair of fenders I've come across in the 6 or so years I've be involved with M37's. I doubt their value will ever go down. :mrgreen:

regards,
bob
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

I paid a good bit more the one I bought, $4something plus freight, ($90).
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

They are 10 miles from me, too bad I don't really need them.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Just,

Of course you need them..........you just don't need the RIGHT NOW! Anybody want to take a guess at what those fenders will be worth in another 5 years?? :shock:

regards,
bob
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

Long ago, something I learned in my Army days, my first Army days, is that a competent commander or trooper always has a "back-up" for any essential item. The other trait I still practice is to never make assumptions that things or plans will work out as planned. From experience, I really do try to have a "back-up" for any mission necessity. Like spares parts and tools and such. As I continue my saga of getting my own M37/42 on the road, and handle and restore or tune this or that part, I often wonder what I would have to do if the part on my workbench or in my hand was simply no longer available. And necessary for operation or appearance of my truck. Some items can be rebuilt many times, or a substitute replacement fabricated or bought. There are already may reproductions of "mission essential" items for our vehicles. Even reproduced items like trim parts, and screws and decals, and so much more. But these will only be available as long as there is sufficient demand for them. When my engine would not spark a few days ago, even using the distributor cable that was functioning before removal, I fortunately had a used one in the parts box that came with my truck. It came with a big box of all sorts of bearings and seals, most of which I have no idea where they are used.

So, I have already come up with a list of items to acquire to keep my truck operating. Like several more good coils, distributor cables, plugs and wires, some links, seals, and such.

But the problem I have also experienced, is when you use your "back-up", you no longer Have a back-up! So how many spares do you need? I was a Boy Scout in my youth, and for those who were also a Scout, their motto is "Be Prepared." And that too has been a sort of "mantra" for much of my life. I don't like unexpected events or occurances to upset my plans. When folks jokingly say "what could possibly go wrong" in jest, for me, it really is a motivating thing to do what I can in case something does go wrong.

So while I can't have a "back-up" Braden, or transmission, or crankshaft or fender, I will soon methodically put together my own box of "back-up" items, even perhaps several of some, so that I am as prepared as I can be, and have "back-up" items for my "back-up" spares.

Now, off for a quick 400 miles down and back to Charleston, for my oncology lab draw, I always want to have them ready when I see my oncologist in a week hence, my way to "Be Prepared."

all the best, guys,

NV
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

NV,

Good post. Having the right spares, especially non-consumables, is always a challenge. Luckily these trucks and this hobby will outlive all of us, so it will really be someone else's problem, but the day will come when folks will stop collecting what we collect. I was thinking about that the other day. I remember as a kid (early 70's) that lots of folks had or were restoring Model A Fords. My uncle had one, my friend up the street's Dad was working on one in his garage, even JC Whitney sold parts for them. I saw one the other day and it jogged my memory........where did they all go? Then I thought about the cars I've collected.....early 70's musclecars......they used to be everywhere........where did they go? Most of the folks who liked the Model A are dead. Most of my generation that liked musclecars will soon be dead. And the cycle goes on an on. I can't imagine any kid being born today having an interest in any of the vehicles I own. Just as I have no interest in Model A's or any pre-war cars. Same goes for MVs. Once the M151 craze dies down and parts become scarce the only vehicle left for folks to swoon over will be the HUMVEE. Do you know what it costs to fully restore one of those!!! Ain't gonna happen. The MV hobby is going to die with us. It will certainly linger on for many years, but the bulk of the hobby will dissipate, as will parts. Bottom line here is enjoy it while you can...........like everything else it won't last forever. Now go stock up on spare parts. And at that lower price I'd buy those fenders in a heartbeat if they were within driving distance.

:mrgreen:

regards,
bob
rickf
SSGT
SSGT

Post by rickf »

The muscle cars are still around but have you seen the prices on them?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT is why you don't see as many of them. The big block 71 Chevelle SS I had in 78 and sold for 3,000 bucks is now selling for close to a hundred grand! I don't even want to talk about the NASCAR 427 64 Ford Galaxie! :( :( :( :( :(
1953 M37
1964 M151A1
1967 M416
1984 M1008
4/1952 M100
12/1952 M100 gone