Beechwood Canvas Works new set of M37 seat covers

Buy and sell M37 and related stuff

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Forum rules
Your Location must be included in your advertisement or it may removed without notice.
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Re: Beechwood Canvas Works new set of M37 seat covers

Post by NAM VET »

Couldn't be as bad as an experience my Dad had long years ago. Ran over a skunk, which was then flipped up over the exhaust. He had to sell the car.

NV
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

I've always like the smell of OD canvas.

But then, I worked in the railroad industry, and I like the smell of diesel fuel and creosote, too, so... :)
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

When I was spending six months in the SA Desert for the Gulf War our EVAC hospital was powered by great big towed generators, perhaps a dozen all around the hospital, so no matter which way the wind blew, we always had the smell of diesel exhaust. Now, the only "flashback" i get is when I am driving or walking, and get a big whiff of diesel exhaust, I just get this hard to explain but not unpleasant vision which takes me aback for a few seconds, where I am almost not cognizant of my surroundings. Sort of a "whoosh what was that?" feeling. All around us.....
[url=https://postimg.org/image/l4n23xp9 ... .jpg[/img][/url]
jim lee
SSGT
SSGT

Post by jim lee »

Flashbacks..

To this day if I smell burning trash, I sleep like a baby. This is from sailing down the coast of Mexico and knowing.. If you can smell the trash burning, its an off-shore wind tonight. You can relax about being blown off your anchor and onto the surf.

-jim lee
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Burning trash?! That was the smell throughout my tour in Korea '78-'79, smelled like "Old World" from the moment they cracked the door on the plane-one you never forget....
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

don't forget burning out the cans from the field latrines. Always stay upwind of those....
[url=https://postimg.org/image/kobybsr0 ... .jpg[/img][/url]