Discuss fixes, upgrades and modifications to your M37

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

ashyers
MSGT
MSGT

Re: Priming oil Pump

Post by ashyers »

Elwood,
You're correct. I'm hoping that the MMC O-ring works for M37AJT, it's easier to find!

Andy
Elwood
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Elwood »

ashyers wrote:Elwood,
You're correct. I'm hoping that the MMC O-ring works for M37AJT, it's easier to find!

Andy
Perhaps this McMaster-Carr square o-ring would be a closer match to the OEM: https://www.mcmaster.com/#4061t251/=17ww7ny

The scrap pump housing on my workbench measures 2.655" for the groove OD, with a groove width of 0.125".
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, IT IS THEIR RIGHT, IT IS THEIR DUTY, TO THROW OFF SUCH GOVERNMENT...” -Declaration of Independence, 1776
M37AJT
PVT
PVT

Post by M37AJT »

Elwood wrote:
M37AJT wrote:Well I pulled the oil pump and opened it up to the replace the gasket. I found an O-ring that looks like it will work. Got it from McMaster.com p/n 5018T212
Primed the pump and got it installed and it looks like it is working ok. :D
I don't have the OEM gasket handy to look at, but I thought the oil pump cover gasket is a square profile O-ring? That McMaster-Carr p/n is a circular profile ring.
Yes the OEM one is square, do not know if it started out the way. The P/N I posted was a round one, I was thinking as you close it up it fills up the void. I did find some square o-rings but they were a little big and fat for the void. I was going to see how the round one holds up.
M37AJT
PVT
PVT

Post by M37AJT »

Wanted to post that after about 75 miles the o-ring on the oil pump is working ok.