Push button light switch

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

06boblee
SFC
SFC

Push button light switch

Post by 06boblee »

Is anyone using the push button light switch? I have one and was wanting to use it, but I keep reading that it has problems. I was trying to get some real world info from someone who is using one.
Attachments
DSC00956 (Small).JPG
DSC00956 (Small).JPG (100.73 KiB) Viewed 742 times
'54 M37 wew
MVPA #16921
just me
1SG
1SG

Re: Push button light switch

Post by just me »

I have even seen Charles make comments recently about the lack of quality of these new switches. They sure look cool, however. Looks like a job for an Arduino or Raspberry Pi to repair/modify a failed one.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
MSeriesRebuild
1SG
1SG

Re: Push button light switch

Post by MSeriesRebuild »

What we have dealt with have been problematic, but since you have it, and wish to use it, go for it. Nothing about the cannon plug connection is different, so if it fails you, no issue to change back to the 3-lever switch. We have also had a fair share of 3-lever switches to quickly fail, and a few that were bad right out of the box. The push button units are somewhat different as far as having to memorize sequences of operation, so slightly more difficult to operate until you become familiar with just how they work. Easier for the younger generation who grew up pushing buttons. I've read where some folks were having issues and knew immediately they had not yet learned the ropes. Basically it all boils down to what you like.
Charles Talbert
www.mseriesrebuild.com