Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

808morgan
CPL
CPL

What color is this?

Post by 808morgan »

thumbnail_IMG_3540.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3540.jpg (185.87 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
For those of you with a keen eye for the colors, this 1952 truck was primed and sealed on the outside and this color seems to be the original in the cab and engine bay. I would like to spray it the same color. This truck was in service with forestry. It's been worked on for the last 8 years and I'm buying it.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Re: What color is this?

Post by m-37Bruce »

808morgan, It's really hard to say, the green seems brighter, as least along side the FD red, it might be the Marine Corp shade, but still that is only a guess? Are there any Depot Rebuild Data Plates anywhere, they sometimes give a bit of info? Have you entered your truck in the Registry yet? Wish I was more help.
Regards,
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
808morgan
CPL
CPL

Post by 808morgan »

m-37Bruce wrote:808morgan, It's really hard to say, the green seems brighter, as least along side the FD red, it might be the Marine Corp shade, but still that is only a guess? Are there any Depot Rebuild Data Plates anywhere, they sometimes give a bit of info? Have you entered your truck in the Registry yet? Wish I was more help.
Regards,
As it turns out the truck was in the forest service and they said this information was painted on it. I will just get some paint from the usual places and make it green, it was Army so I will match it the best I can. Thanks

Organization:1ST BATTALION, 151ST INFANTRY REGIMENT
Nomenclature: TRUCK CARGO 3/4T
Model: M37
NSN: 2320008358322
Serial Number:8358322
Registration Number:2402331
Year of Mfg:1952
Info recorded from truck Nov 1974
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

That color is known as "Wrong" Green. No matter what you do to match it, it will be wrong. And it is wrong for the truck. (The closest color to it by my gamma on my monitor is Brogdex Green. We used to use it to paint the cabs of steam locomotives because it was close to SP Cab Green.)
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
808morgan
CPL
CPL

Post by 808morgan »

just me wrote:That color is known as "Wrong" Green. No matter what you do to match it, it will be wrong. And it is wrong for the truck. (The closest color to it by my gamma on my monitor is Brogdex Green. We used to use it to paint the cabs of steam locomotives because it was close to SP Cab Green.)

Thanks!