unused holes on the rear crossmember?

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

06boblee
SFC
SFC

Re: unused holes on the rear crossmember?

Post by 06boblee »

Elwood wrote:Umm...this may be before your time, but up until the 1970s, beer was sold in steel cans. The switch to aluminum cans is a relatively recent thing (for us old guys, anyways).
Remember when it really ment something to crush a beer can with your bare hand!
'54 M37 wew
MVPA #16921
just me
1SG
1SG

Post by just me »

And before pop tops, you wore a church key around your neck.
"It may be ugly, but at least it is slow!"
w30bob
1SG
1SG

Post by w30bob »

Wow..........you guys are OLD!!!! :shock:

(Just kidding)

bob
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

06boblee wrote:
Elwood wrote:Umm...this may be before your time, but up until the 1970s, beer was sold in steel cans. The switch to aluminum cans is a relatively recent thing (for us old guys, anyways).
Remember when it really ment something to crush a beer can with your bare hand!
Or on your head!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
NAM VET
1SG
1SG

Post by NAM VET »

Long ago, had a friend who had the night shift at a beer factory, his main job was to occasionally pull a beer off the line, and pull the little tab that opened the can, but he fell asleep, and some hundreds of thousands of cans went by, and when he woke up and tested a can, like he was supposed to do often, found the machine was incorrectly making the tops, and you could not open the beer with your fingers. Just imagine the frustration of so many guys out somewhere, and not being able to actually open their ice cold beer!

Having a coffee down at the Beach, just south of Charleston, in our cottage, watching the sun come peeking over the salt marsh, and the deer finding their way back into their daytime hiding places. Driving back home later today, the machinist called me yesterday, told me he had found nothing out of the ordinary when he broke down my motor and measured what was worn. I told him I would come by tomorrow to get the specs of what I need to order, to get going on putting my motor back together, and then in my truck. I really want to get back on the road!!

Here is a picture of Chinook lifting a 105 out of its gun pit right next to my home in my compound. The artillery unit, Vietnamese, was being rotated somewhere. The day before, a barge had come down the river, and brought in a whole shipment of many hundreds of rounds of shells for the gun, and the Vietnamese gun commander found out that the shipment was actually brass cased, and not the usual worthless spiral wrapped cases, useful only for walkways and such. So his crew fired all 400 or so rounds off all night without any actual targets, and then as soon as his gun was up and away, they took the valuable brass down to the river, loaded on their barge, and took it with them to Camau to sell for scrap value. So much for American tax dollars. No wonder I have a VA disability rating for my hearing loss, and have hearing aids!!

[URL=http://s663.photobucket.com/user/h ... .jpg[/img][/url]