Graveyard in the Gallery

Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

point
PVT
PVT

Re: Graveyard in the Gallery

Post by point »

I know a guy up here in the Vancouver area that has a field full of M37s and duece & 1/2s. Some are completely overgrowen with brambles but he won't let any parts go.
52PLOWERWAGON
SFC
SFC

Post by 52PLOWERWAGON »

we would all love to see pics of that :mrgreen:
Thanks,TRAVIS
When it comes to gambling I don't play the Powerball, I play the Powerwagon

1952 M37 FARM TRUCK
230 W/THRUSH EXHAUST, DELETED HEAT RISER AND 12 VOLT IGNITION

1941 WC RATROD
w/ 5 TON MULTIFUEL TURBO DIESEL
LesBerg
PVT
PVT

Post by LesBerg »

I'm just staring at these and drooling, wishing some were in the Pacific Northwest... :(

I know of a guy south of Tacoma with a scrapyard full of this stuff, but he wants $150 each for split rims, and $250 for combat rims, and $2000 for an M37 with a full set of rims and a good drive train, but the frame and cab are rotted beyond hope. Either way, I need five rims, a motor, radiator, and trans. In the pics that were posted, I quit counting engines at 6. At least one still had a radiator, and most had wheels. Nothing guarantees that any of the parts are good, but still.

And if anyone is up here and wants to trade help for parts, I''m your guy. Hell, I'd help anyway. I've got experience in frames, body work, metal work, electrical, etc, including military rigs. I couldn't tell you how many times I got roped into helping swap motors, trannys, and final drives while I was a M2 Bradley turret mech in the Army. Heh, I was the guy who figured out why our maint squad's M88 kept shredding the left side final drive - the hull was warped. It ate four or five in about six months or so. We ended up having to scrap the whole vehicle.

Anyway, it's a shame that the vehicles sit rotting away when they could be restored or parted out. Oh, I think I drove by the M37 at NTC that still a mostly complete chassis. Is it out a couple kilometers east of the satellite dishes on the live fire range, just almost into the hills?

Les
outpostm37
CPL
CPL

Post by outpostm37 »

Here's one from Arizona.
Attachments
P1010384 (1).jpeg
P1010384 (1).jpeg (254.64 KiB) Viewed 1622 times
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Nice picture, Outpost, thanks for sharing!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500