Talk about your truck here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Past Members Search.....

Post by Monkey Man »

G'day All.....
I have sent out an E-mail to some folks from the forum to say G'day again as I have been tied up with day to day life in general and out of touch with a lot of the great folks from the forum. I want to search out past members of G741 and Bigelectric and maybe get them back on here to share their advice, experience and photo's with all M37 related subjects and more importantly acquaint some of the newer members with the awesome folks I have met through this hobby and these great trucks.
I am calling on folks like the "2 Bills", M37 6x6, Brigand, Will Leibscher, Bob and his awesome ultimate truck challemge M37 and many more to come out and post more often as this forum has always been rich as a resource and a friendly place to be and apart from the odd "upset" folks on here are the friendliest by far. I think Robi has provided us with one of the highest quality specialty interest sites on the net.
Don't worry folks, I haven't gone all sentimental on you, I just want everyone to benefit from and enjoy this site as much as I have, I can't remember how long I have been a moderator for Robi and before that Eric but it has been great fun the whole time, it is my privelege to be able to do it and a routine part of my day....
Speaking of Eric, has anyone had contact with him of late?, last contact I had with him was some time ago.....
Take Care All.....

Best Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
BILL L
SGT
SGT

Still here

Post by BILL L »

I am still here, laying low in the background. I was one of the original "BIG E" members and have been following these forums for over 12 years.
BILL L
Bill Lammers
Ocala,Florida
Jim Branson
PFC
PFC

Post by Jim Branson »

I'd like to second the motion that Bill & Bill and the other lost posters come back! Any thirds?
1951 M37 W/W
1961 M201B1 W/W
MVPA #31454
I was Chrysler when Chrysler wasn't cool!
Brigand
SGT
SGT

Evil Brigand checking in.

Post by Brigand »

Hey guys, I have been checking in from time to time but not posting.
I hope to be retired once again (at least from this career) in a few days. I hope at that point to resume playing with my toys.
Brigand aka Bob Thompson

I would never join any club that would have me as a member.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

We'er Still Having Fun

Post by m-37Bruce »

Hey Guys,
Wow, all the usual suspects, except for Eric any way, I guessing he fell off the face of the earth? 8)
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

Hey Bruce, another key player I remember now was Brian in Oregon, he wasn't so well a whiles back, hopefully he is fine now and someone on here has the lowdown on his whereabouts.

Regards - MM :-)
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Post by m-37Bruce »

The last time Brian re-surfaced, when Eric made a feeble attempt to revive Big E, but that was the last time I talked to him.
I'm at a loss to think what has become of him, he was "One Of A Kind" fer sure!
Last edited by m-37Bruce on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
M42Dodge
PVT
PVT

Post by M42Dodge »

Had to restart my account as the last time I posted here, Eric still ran the site. Spend my "MV" time helping my Brother in Law restore his M42...

Tom Markert
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Yo Tom!

Post by m-37Bruce »

Been a while!
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Rick C
SSGT
SSGT

Post by Rick C »

Wow, these names bring back memories!!! Anyone else still have O rings from Bill L?????
Rick
BILL L
SGT
SGT

"O Rings"

Post by BILL L »

I still have boxes of them, I think some went to the space shuttle since they were so big. When someone in the neighborhood needs an "O" ring they come here first. We have found a lot of them are not compatible with the new ethanol mixture and double in size after a while.
m-37Bruce
1SG
1SG

Odd

Post by m-37Bruce »

I was just thinking the same thing? 8)
Bruce,

1953 M-37 w/ow

Retired Again

Keep Em Rollin'

VMVA
Juan
SGT
SGT

Post by Juan »

I'm still here, since BigE, that's more years than I would like to remember.
I'm a little in the background and don't login daily as I used to, but I try to chime in when I feel I have something to contribute.

I'm worried like you about Brian in Oregon's health issues, I certainly miss Bill W posts and a lot of other great guys that seemed to vanish in time.
Juan Castro
Buenos Aires
Argentina
Lifer
1SG
1SG

Post by Lifer »

Bill W is still here. He goes by the name of M-thrax now.
"PER ARDUA AD ITER"
Monkey Man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monkey Man »

It's awesome a good percentage of the origonal members are still here and it definently makes it all worthwhile to have been a member here for so long. My truck is a bit of a junker in some respects compared to most machines on here but I never would have gotten past the basic mods and repairs without the help of the awesome folks I have come to know through Big E and G741, the trucks are fun, the folks on here are the best!!

Regards - MM :-)

P.S. - Brigand, I still have those police patches here for you, do you still want them??
Trained Monkey on Guard
dodgem37@netspace.net.au