M37 Newby

Build and Restoration Threads Belong Here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

Scrane25

M37 Newby

Post by Scrane25 »

I'm brand-new to the M37 scene, having just purchased a fairly complete 1953 model at an estate sale; so if anyone has any advice for a newby, I'm all ears! At this time the truck isn't running, as the previous owner had carb problems and removed it, and it sat for four years until I picked it up a few days ago. Would a Solex carb be OK to put in, or should I look for an original? Also, Bubba had bolted a receiver hitch to the swivel; so now I need a correct pintle hook, but have seen a couple of different types through different suppliers. Which would be correct?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Steve
RMS
MSGT
MSGT

Re: M37 Newby

Post by RMS »

Hi steve welcome to the board and congratulations on contracting olive drab fever. different carbs will work but is she going to stay stock or get modified? And if your going to run on dusty gravel roads I would be looking for a way to keep the stock oil bath air cleaner.

were are you located? and lets see some pics :mrgreen:
.............................. use it ...............
W_A_Watson_II
SFC
SFC

Post by W_A_Watson_II »

Hello and welcome. What carb you select will be based on if you are looking to keep it stock, or modify it for your own use. Sorry, I'm not an expert on the pintle hitch, but there were different versions through the years.
Thanks,
Will
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
1953 Dodge M37 - "Frankenstein"
My 1953 Dodge M37 WEB Site
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Welcome Steve! There is a lengthy thread regarding the '54 rear crossmembers that also discusses the pintle and pivot mounts in detail, if you will do a history search, located to the upper right....

Glad to have you with us!
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500