Build and Restoration Threads Belong Here

Moderators: Cal_Gary, T. Highway, Monkey Man, robi

PWRWGN NJ
PVT
PVT

M35A2 Top

Post by PWRWGN NJ »

Hi guys,

Thought this section might be appropriate for this topic. I am interested in purchasing a steel top for my M37, but am having trouble locating one that is in good condition, and that doesn't require all kinds of cosmetic rework and rust repair.

I was told that a M35a2 and a M37 share the same window frame. I was wondering if anyone out there had ever tried to modify a Deuce top to fit the M? The only issue I can see, is the fact that the bottom of the two tops share a different mounting platform. I would like to get some help with this issue before I waste $500-1000s.

Any info would be much appreciated!
tbone1004
SSGT
SSGT

Re: M35A2 Top

Post by tbone1004 »

if you want to make a road trip I know they have new ones in TN and Mseries Rebuilt might have some or know of some in NC. I think the deuce is wider than the m37 which is why they used CCKW tops to adapt instead of the deuce. you'd have to cut it down the middle and weld it back together to get it to fit properly... Much btter off doing the body work on the top yourself for one designed to go on the m37. Be a good experience
Master Yota
MSGT
MSGT

Post by Master Yota »

Might want to focus your search across the border heading north, as far as I'm aware all the Cdn. M37's had hard tops. No point in issuing a soft top to a country that has 12 months of winter with only 2 months of lousy sledding... :roll:
Ray
1953 CDN. M37
1954 CDN. M152
Cal_Gary

Post by Cal_Gary »

Agreed- consider a WWII CCKW top that has the oval back window-it fits the M37.
Gary
Cal_Gary
1954 M37 W/W
MVPA Correspondent #28500